Set a few years before the events of A New Hope, the game lets players rewrite history as well as experience the aftermath of Revenge of the Sith, the creation of the Rebel Alliance, and Darth Vader's rise to power.
The game features beautifully rendered land and space battles set on memorable planets such as Hoth, Tatooine and Dagobah as well as never-before-seen environments taken directly from the Star Wars films and expanded universe novels. In the game, players can choose to join either the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire, building and setting up tactical forces that can be unleashed on the enemy in real-time 3D. All of the gameplay and action within Star Wars Empire at War
is persistent, meaning that strategic and tactical elements from previous events will have a permanent effect on the galaxy.
- Wage war on ground and in space - battle it out in space and then send down your remaining forces to invade the planet.
- All action is persistent - every decision affects the next battle and, ultimately, the fate of the galaxy.
- Real-time strategy (RTS) 3D gameplay set in more than 25 ground and space locations in the Star Wars galaxy.
- Begins several years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and including vehicles and locations from both the classic timeframe and Episode III.
- Play as the Rebels as they amass their forces and work to thwart the plans of the Empire, or serve the Empire and crush the Rebellion at its roots.
- Visit a variety of different planets and space areas including Yavin IV, Tatooine and Dagobah - each with its own specific advantage and/or resource.
- Construct more than 15 structures, including space stations, factories and cantinas.
- Deploy more than 20 ground-and air-based vehicles from giant Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari cruisers to swift speeder bikes and X-wings.
- Access a variety of ground troops, including stormtroopers, Rebel soldiers and hero characters like Obi-Wan and Darth Vader, who can be enlisted and brought into key battles.
- Multiplayer includes two-player campaign mode and up to eight-player online skirmish modes.
- All-new game engine created by Las Vegas-based developer Petroglyph, composed of industry veterans responsible for classic RTS titles.
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer
Intel PIII or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz or faster
256 MB RAM or higher
32 MB 3D card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card
8X Speed CD-ROM drive or faster
Keyboard and mouse
56Kbps or faster connection required for Multiplayer.
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware.
INSTALLATION: 2.5 GB of free hard drive space required. We recommend that you have an additional 200 MB of free space available after installation.
SUPPORTED CHIPSETS: ATI Radeon 7200/7500 family, 8500/9000/9200 family, 9500/9600/9700/9800 family, X300/X600/X700/X800/X850 family, X1K family NVIDIA GeForce 256 family, 2/3/4 family, FX family, 6 family, 7 family