Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the
opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles
like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier
types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the
galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of
single player modes. Single player modes include “Instant Action,”
“Galactic Conquest” and the story-based “Historical Campaigns” mode that
lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI,
fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.
- First and third-person gameplay – depending on player preference.
- Three single player modes including “Instant Action,” “Galactic
Conquest” and the story-based “Historical Campaigns” mode.
- Multiplayer for up to 16 players (plus AI units) online.
- Split-screen mode for multiplayer ‘offline’ play.
- Battle in more than 12 environments across 10 diverse planets from the
classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and
- 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic
Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include
standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots – each will have their
own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers
and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be
manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 25 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing,
and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to
five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls on all systems.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2, Xbox
- Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for
online multiplayer games.
Internet connection for Online play; Windows 98/2000/ME/XP; 1GHz processor or equivalent; 256 MB RAM; 8X CD-ROM; 64 MB VRAM; 64MB 3D Graphics card w/Hardware Transform & Lighting (T&L) Capability ; 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible soundcard; Keyboard & Mouse (Joystick & Gamepad supported); Internet/LAN: Supports 2 - 32 players (Internet Connectivity for Multiplayer must be DSL, Cable, or faster connection)