The third-person oriented Action RPG gameplay of Sorcery utilizes the PlayStation Move motion controller/PlayStation Eye camera peripheral, as well as supports the optional PlayStation Move navigational controller for ease of movement. The Move motion controller serves in-game as the player's wand. As players tackle the host of enemies, large and small, as well as spatial challenges throughout the game levels they will use their wand to access and apply spells and potions collected, earned or purchased in-game.
Spells and potions are easily accessed through the Motion controller's traditional PlayStation button array, and are unleashed with a simple flick of the wrist. The sensitivity of the Move motion controller allows for both trajectory of the spell, as well intensity of impact. Spells range from blunt force, ice and fire based varieties, to those allowing for the explosive charging of areas, the creation of a whirlwind that will sweep up enemies and a mend spell that is used to repair destroyed areas.
Spells can also be used in conjunction with each other to best particularly difficult enemies and situations. Balancing this ability are potions, which allow for temporary abilities and even physical transformation of the hero in order to reach areas otherwise inaccessible. Together these hardware and gameplay features create a one-to-one gameplay experience and total sense of immersion unlike anything RPG players have yet seen.
- RPG Action Like Never Before - Wield the power of a legendary sorcerer's wondrous magic wand as you cast extraordinary magic, brew enchanted elixirs, solve ingenious puzzles and combat the minions of darkness
- Power in Your Hands - Use the PlayStation Move to cast powerful magic, conjure storms, create walls of living fire, freeze your enemies solid, transform into magical creatures and combine spells for endless possibilities
- Transform From a Fledgling Apprentice into a Master Wizard - Start from humble farm boy beginnings, with only a small arsenal of magic at your disposal to a unstoppable magic force! Restore your ransacked tower and begin to build immense wealth for your treasure room
- Journey into the Dark Faerie Realm - Take on quests and adventure throughout the dark and dangerous Faerie Kingdom
- Additional Controller Support - In addition to the required PlayStation Move motion controller and PlayStation Eye camera peripheral, Sorcery also supports the PlayStation Move navigation controller, allowing for even more immersive gameplay