Small World: Leaders of Small World – Expansion
This expansion of Small World is a promotional expansion first given away at Spiel 2009 in Essen. The expansion is based on an idea of Michael Ormesher in a Days of Wonder “Race design contest”.
- The expansion consists of 24 leader tokens that are neither a race nor a power.
- When you pick a new race, you can opt to buy its leader.
- The leader acts as an additional race token.
- The leader, however, disappears as soon as the race goes into decline.
- Also, the leader is brave, which means that he can only be staying at regions that are not immune.
- Leaders can be held hostage for ransom.
- If the ransom is not paid, the leader counts as two victory points at the end of the game for the player that captured the leader.