Alexander is the second official expansion pack for the multi-award-winning Rome: Total War. The add-on pack casts players as one of history’s most brilliant generals, Alexander the Great, handing them the opportunity to replicate his all-conquering achievements and tactical genius on the battlefield.
Boasting more than 30 hours of gameplay, the pack features a brand new campaign played out on a specially extended map covering Macedonia, Greece and the whole of the ancient Persian Empire. The pack also includes six new historical battles that unlock sequentially, portraying Alexander’s most significant conflicts with Greek, Persian and Indian forces. These historical battles are also playable online or across a LAN with up to 17 multiplayer battle setups.
- A brand new campaign game - A unique Total War experience that recreates Alexander’s epic push to conquer the known world. Replicate the feats of the greatest general that ever lived and push relentlessly through the vast Persian Empire, conquering all before you.
- Six new historical battles - Recreate Alexander’s most momentous conflicts in six brand new historical battles. Will you choose to replicate the tactics of one of history’s greatest battlefield strategists, or hatch your own battle plans and put them to the test against seemingly insurmountable odds?
- Multiplayer battles - Play each of the historical battles in multiplayer with varying player setups, such as 1v1, 2v2 and 3v1.
- Four new factions - Alexander’s Macedonian army, The Persians, The Indians and the Barbarians.
- More than 60 new units - The expansion includes the mighty Indian war elephants, Persian immortals and Indian naked female archers. Alexander’s forces include some of his most famous units, including the Hypaspists, Phalangists and Companion cavalry.
- Voiceover by Brian Blessed - the renowned actor lends his considerable voice to campaign and historical battle scene-setting movies.
PIII/Athlon 1Ghz, 256Mb RAM, 1.0Gb HD Space, 64Mb DX9.0b Compatible 3D card.