Jonas Kaufmann has made stunning debuts in many of the world's leading opera houses in recent seasons. For example, to fabulous acclaim he appeared as Alfredo in La Traviata at the Metropolitan Opera and Chicago Lyric Opera - "smoothly burnished, beautifully focused... and always disarmingly musical" New York Magazine. He was Don Jose in the 2007 new production of Carmen at the Royal Opera, Covent Garden - "superb" The Guardian.
Romantic Arias includes opera favourites by the Italian giants Verdi and Puccini, by French greats Berlioz and Bizet, and by Wagner, the epitome of German Romanticism. Kaufmann responds to each composer with seductive ease. 'With his full, warm voice rich in russet and ebony colours, he sings Italian and French with as much aplomb as he does his native German...' The Telegraph
- Puccini “Che gelida manina” from La Bohème
- Bizet “La fleur que tu m’avais jetée” from Carmen
- Flotow “Martha: Ach, so fromm” from Martha
- Puccini “E lucevan le stelle” from Tosca
- Verdi “Lo l’ho perduta… Io la vidi, a suo sorriso” from Don Carlos (Aria from Italian four act version)
- Weber “Nein! Länger trag’ ich nicht… Durch die Wälder, durch die Augen” from Der Freischütz
- Verdi “Lunge da lei… De miei bollenti spiriti …O mio rimorso” from La Traviata (with Jana Sibera - soprano)
- Massenet “Je suis seul… Ah! Fuyez, douce image” from Manon
- Verdi “Ella mi fu rapita…Parmi veder le” from Rigoletto
- Gounod “Quel trouble inconnu me pénètre?...Salut! Demeure chaste et pure” from Faust
- Wagner “Morgendlich leuchtend im rosigen Schein” from Die Meistersinger
- Berlioz “Invocation à la nature” from Damnation of Faust
- Massenet “Pourquoi me réveiller” from Werther
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!