Rollerball – Special Edition
The Year Is 2018. There Are No Wars. There Is No Crime. There Is Only Rollerball.
The year is 2018. There are no wars. There is no crime. There is only…the Game. In a world where ruthless corporations reign supreme, this vicious and barbaric 'sport is the only outlet for the pent-up anger and frustrations of the masses.Tuned to their televisions, the people watch Rollerball : a brutal mutation of football, motocross and hockey.
Jonathan E. (James Caan, Misery) is the champion player, a man too talented for his own good. The Corporation has taken away the woman Jonathan loves (Maud Adams, Octopussy) but it can't take away his soul, even if diabolical corporate head (John Houseman, The Paper Chase) tells him he d better retire…or suffer the old fashioned way.With its surrealistic imagery and tense action sequences, Rollerball grips you by the heart and never lets you go!…
- Audio commentary by Norman Jewison
- Audio commentary by William Harrison
- 2 theatrical trailers
- UK featurette “The making of Rollerball”
- 3 TV spots
- Return to the arena The making of Rollerball
- Trailer of re-make
- Still gallery of production design and production photographs
- " The signs are still there, and if anything, they're more pronounced than they were in 1975. Rollerball is first and foremost, a good movie. It has strong characters, a good plot, and lots of action. It is also a social commentary. " – Rick Sanchez
- " A science fiction masterpiece and exciting action film. " – Felix Vasquez Jr.
- " The performances of Caan and Richardson are excellent, and the rollerball sequences are fast-paced and interesting. " – TV Guide