Updated to run under Windows XP/Vista.
Railroad Tycoon 3
is the official sequel to the highly acclaimed game Railroad Tycoon 2. Railroad Tycoon 3
features 25 scenarios challenging players to recreate magnificent feats of railroading history from around the world. Players are able to lay track (this time with tunnels and overpasses), pick from over 40 locomotives from early steams to modern bullets, choose to haul over 35 types of cargo in a dynamic economy, and participate in an advanced stock market. Railroad Tycoon 3
utilizes an all new revolutionary 3-D engine. The new engine will take the franchise to the next level and be able to smoothly scale from an 'eye in the sky' view of an entire continent down to super detailed close-up of a beautifully modeled train, building, or just the landscape. Also included are more multiplayer support than its predecessor, integrating in an on-line chat and matchmaking service. To top everything off, the game's soundtrack features another installment of some of the best authentic blues, bluegrass, and Americana music around.
- All new cutting edge 3D graphics engine with massive scalability (from eye in the sky views down to close-up train detail).
- 25 scenarios featuring locations and challenges from around the world.
- Extensive track building features including bridges, tunnels, and overpasses.
- Over 40 featured locomotives from the infants of steam power to modern day electric bullet trains.
- 35+ cargo types produced from over 150 different buildings operating in a dynamic economy.
- Improved stock market with margin buying, short selling, takeovers, and mergers.
- Multiplayer support with integrated chat and matchmaking services.
- Authentic music soundtrack features blues, bluegrass, and Americana tunes.