Kuju Entertainment previously developed Microsoft Train Simulator
, which sold a million copies and inspired third-party companies to develop over 40 expansion packs.
This is the game that Rail enthusiasts have been waiting for! Rail Simulator
provides the most realistic simulation of trains possible on a PC.
- Stunningly realistic graphics & audio. The game makes full use of modern graphics cards and EAX audio to achieve a believable environment.
- Accurate train driving simulation. Careful measurement, modelling and simulation of real trains allow us to provide highly accurate handling characteristics.
- Steam, Diesel and Electric trains. Contemporary and historic trains are provided with the game to appeal to all types of train enthusiast.
- Three levels of driving difficulty. Each train can be driven in easy, intermediate or expert mode. Easy provides a wonderful “install and go” experience which allows even the novice driver to experience the thrill of train driving. But be warned, expert mode requires an attention to detail in common with driving the actual train - take special care of every little detail!
- Passenger and Freight operations. The environments and rolling stock supplied with the game let you focus on driving both passenger and freight - each needing its own specific skills.
- Hours of missions to test your skill as a train driver. The game comes supplied with 15 scenarios to test your skill as a train driver. Can you meet the demanding task of driving a busy commuter train? Or maybe collecting the components of a freight load and delivering all of the parts on time to the right destination? Your performance on each mission is measured to provide feedback on your personal performance as a train driver.
- Free-roam experience. If you prefer a more leisurely approach, free-roam allows to you explore the routes at your own pace.
- Real-world routes from the UK and Germany. The game comes supplied with four routes. Each one is on average 90 miles long and both historic and current environments are featured.
- View the action unfolding from any angle. You can choose drive from the cab of your train, welding all the controls at the touch of a button; take a leisurely ride from one of the many carriages included; fly as high as a bird, taking in all the surroundings as you whisk along; maybe you wish to get up close to control all the junctions and switches from the track side.
- Fully functioning Turntables & Traversers. Trains are big, and they aren’t always facing in the right direction. With this all new functionality, you can interact, operate, and perform tasks with increased efficiency.
- Localised Signalling Systems. No railway would be complete without accurate signalling allowing it to operate. Implemented into Rail Simulator is an extremely flexible signalling system using LUA Scripts. Using this system each route has completely accurate localised signal systems with real world functionality including all the bells and whistles.
- Complete World Editing tool suite. Included in the box is a full suite of editing tools to start making your own fully interactive worlds. The ability to lay track of immensely complex track, place all manner of detailed scenery objects with great accuracy and manipulate to a high degree as well as texture the landscape until your hearts content.
The ability to add additional material to the simulation has been central in the design of the simulation. Rail Simulator
allows easy inclusion of add-on material covering new routes, rolling stock and additional missions. We are currently working with third party developers and expect to have additional add-ons for the game available shortly after its release.
Of great importance to the more enthusiastic railway fan is the ability to create their own additional routes, so included with Rail Simulator
is an editor that allows the creation of new environments. These tools have been developed with simplicity in mind, so as to encourage the development and exchange of user-generated content, which can be shared and used by other railway enthusiasts.