is an epic 3D strategy game set at the time of Julius Caesar's campaigns to expand the frontier's of the Roman Empire. Taking on the role of a Roman General you are transported back to the deserts of Egypt, the frozen lands of the Gauls and to the heart of the Empire itself, Italy.
The lands you seek to conquer will be heavily defended by thousands of troops, all with special skills and individual strengths. Fortresses and war machines will stand in your path as you lead your army in a quest for the glory of Rome.
You will command the forces not only of Rome, but also of the ferocious Gaulish tribes and the religiously fanatical Egyptians. The path to victory depends on the strategies you choose, the tactics and troop formations you decide upon, and whether you learn to combine your forces and exploit your enemy's weaknesses.
Played out in jaw dropping 3D visuals, from the immense scale of the Pyramids right down to the individual centurion, Praetorians is stunning in its detail, scale and beauty. The game is also incredibly intuitive allowing skilled strategy gamers and beginners alike to fully immerse themselves in the game with absolute ease.
- Control three different civilisations each featuring a unique set of troops and tactics.
- The disciplined Romans will utilise organisation and flexible formations as a means of overthrowing the enemy.
- Gauls have the power of raw strength and greater flexibility of movement on different terrains as they employ guerrilla warfare tactics.
- The Egyptian priests use a combination of religious fanaticism and advanced science to complement their range of military units.
- Over 20 varied campaign missions.
- Employ the powerful war machines of the Roman army and make the best use of them to protect possessions or to destroy enemy defences and lay siege to their fortresses.
- Different terrain and landscapes play a major part in battle. The AI will understand terrain and its defensive and offensive possibilities and it will also affect unit visibility.
- Up to 8 players can do battle over LAN or Internet.