The PlayStation 3 Console with NBA '08 Value Pack consists of PlayStation 3 Console 40GB, 2 x SIXAXIS Wireless Controller and NBA '08 software disc.
PlayStation 3 Console
The new 40GB PLAYSTATION®3 makes High Definition gaming and entertainment even more accessible.
SIXAXIS Wireless Controller
- State-of-the-art Blu-ray Disc technology
- True 1080p high definition and HDMI support
- Motion-sensitive SIXAXIS® Wireless Controller
- Upgradeable HDD storage for photos, movies, music, games and downloads
- Connect with other devices using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Access a world of online entertainment from your living room
- Unique inter-connectivity with PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable)
With the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system’s Cell Broadband Engine™ creating experiences that were never thought possible, a controller was needed that would enable your experience to match its potential. Enter the new SIXAXIS™ wireless controller. Utilizing sensors designed to read when a player angles, tilts, thrusts, or pulls, the SIXAXIS controller allows game play to become a natural extension of the player’s body.
And with the heritage of the PlayStation system’s basic controller design still intact, gamers are now able to play the controls they’ve grown accustomed to while harnessing the added intuitive movements of the multi-axis controller.
- Motion Sensing System Thanks to breakthrough technology and a highly sensitive motion sensing system, the controller becomes a natural extension of the user’s body
- Bluetooth Bluetooth for wireless gameplay (the PLAYSTATION®3 system can support up to seven wireless controllers at one time).
- Analog Joy Sticks The tilting angle of the analog joy sticks have been slightly broadened to enable more delicate and dynamic manipulation.
- L2/R2 Buttons The shape of the L2/R2 buttons has been altered, enabling increased travel and precision for more subtle control in games.
- USB Charging Plug into a USB cable and automatically charge the controller through the system at any time. (Use any of the four USB connectors on the PLAYSTATION®3.)
To complement the fast-paced basketball action, NBA ’08 introduces an all-new progression system where players earn skill and experience rewards that can be used to thoroughly customize player appearance and play styles. With an upgraded control system from last year that utilizes broader SIXAXIS functionality, gamers can engage in all-new and comprehensive gameplay movement on and off the ball. Also for this year, character models are updated with new animations, more dynamic movement, and new skin textures to give them a more realistic look. Additionally, the user interface has been significantly revamped to incorporate a retro NBA look and feel – from the menus down to the loading screens. To submerse gamers in a true basketball atmosphere, NBA ’08 introduces for the first time a comprehensive and in-depth audio commentary with top broadcast talent. With a fully reworked user interface, revamped character models and environments, and a robust online system with player profiles and quick play options, NBA ’08 is set to push the envelope for NBA action and bring an unparalleled basketball experience to the PS3.
- All-New Progression System – NBA ’08 introduces a new system of rewarding players for game exploration and advancement by providing numerous customizable player options. As gamers play NBA ’08, they will be challenged to complete tasks and goals that will earn experience. In turn, experience can be used to customize characters and show them off as status symbols of game achievement. Reaching higher profile levels will grant access to better gear and unlockable content, and players will be able to house awards in a virtual trophy room.
- Greater Online Accessibility – Utilizing an online hub where players can readily share game features and data, NBA ’08 provides a streamlined approach for online basketball gaming. For this year, gamers will be able to participate in a social environment where they can easily show off custom created players and gain access to streaming NBA video, player-created pages, and improved leaderboards.
- NBA Replay Mode – Back to test the skills of the most hardcore NBA fans, “NBA Replay” is once again available for players to re-enact great performances from the ’06 -’07 season and work through the entire past season’s worth of memorable gameplay scenarios.
- NBA Replay (Games of the Week) – Returning with an all-new set of upcoming highlight-reel plays, “Games of the Week” will allow players to download five scenarios each week involving real NBA games from the upcoming ’07 -’08 season and attempt to replay those magical moments within the game.
- Brand New Full Audio Commentary – NBA ’08 now delivers the sights and sounds of an NBA broadcast to the user with authentic play-by-play and in-depth color commentary. Newly incorporated audio, cut scenes, and UI elements blend together to transport gamers into a slick and organic NBA-themed world.
- Enhanced Gameplay and A.I. – In addition to the core fundamentals of gameplay, NBA ’08 improves on team gameplay elements. Offensive and defensive player positioning is more authentic, where players space themselves correctly on offense and defenders react more realistically to shots, layups, and shifts in offense. Passing and catching is revamped to reward users with good shots when a quality pass is made. Additionally, a new game management system requires player strategy to determine play calling, when and who to substitute, and when to call a timeout.
- Greater SIXAXIS Controls – Expanded SIXAXIS functionality provides an all-new and deeper set of control options including specific dribbles as well as high and low offensive and defensive moves.
- Expanded Character Movement – A new contact mechanism takes into account a player’s momentum when pushing into one another, introducing a “physical” (as opposed to finesse) game play mechanic. Additionally, more emphasis is placed on off ball play, where gamers use skills to improve team abilities including reaction time and attention to passing windows.
- Brand New Animations – Animation variety is significantly increased, featuring a variety of new passing and dribbling styles, defensive postures that include high and wide coverage, as well as new looks for box out and post-up activity.
- Updated Environments – Arenas given more life with more dynamic movement and animations, particularly with coaches, bench players, and crowd.
- Enhanced Character Models – Utilizing a refined version of lighting and shader techniques, NBA ’08 produces characters that look more authentic and realistic than ever.
- Full HD at 1080p –NBA ‘08 continues to deliver true high definition at 60 frames per second, delivering the sharpest and most realistic basketball experience available.
- Mini-Games – Play on your own or against friends in multiple mini-games including “Own The Court”, 3-Point Shootout, and the PlayStation Skills Challenge.