The PlayStation 3 Console with Heavenly Sword Platinum/Resistance: Fall of Man Platinum
consists of PlayStation 3 Console 80GB, SIXAXIS Wireless Controller and Heavenly Sword Platinum and Resistance: Fall of Man Platinum software disc.
PlayStation 3 Console
The new 40GB PLAYSTATION®3 makes High Definition gaming and entertainment even more accessible.
Heavenly Sword (Platinum)
- State-of-the-art Blu-ray Disc technology
- True 1080p high definition and HDMI support
- Motion-sensitive SIXAXIS® Wireless Controller
- Upgradeable HDD storage for photos, movies, music, games and downloads
- Connect with other devices using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Access a world of online entertainment from your living room
- Unique inter-connectivity with PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable)
Emotionally charged, stunningly beautiful and delivering unprecedented dramatic character performance, Heavenly Sword showcases the power of PLAYSTATION 3. A dramatic tale of revenge sees Nariko, a fiery red-haired heroine embark on a quest for vengeance against an invading King and his army. The story builds around the ancient Heavenly Sword which once belonged to a powerful deity. It can never be wielded by a mortal without it draining their life-force, killing them within hours.
When the invading King (played by Andy Serkis) destroys the warrior clan that guards the Heavenly Sword, the clan leader’s daughter, Nariko, takes up the sword in a desperate fight for survival. Nariko must now pay the ultimate price as she embarks on one last mission of vengeance against the King and his army before her life is finally drawn to a close…
Andy Serkis, the world’s leading CG actor, famous for his roles as Gollum in “The Lord of the Rings” and Kong in “King Kong”, was heavily involved in the creative process. As well as starring in Heavenly Sword as the villain, King Botan, Andy was a major contributor to the character development, writing, casting, directing and performance capture for the PLAYSTATION 3 game.
Resistance: Fall of Man (Platinum)
- The Heavenly Sword itself can Transform into Three Distinct Stances – Players can switch between on the fly allowing players to create their own fighting styles.
- The Combat Engine can Scale Up – From sophisticated one-on-one encounters to one-on-many, where enemies employ intelligent squad-based dynamics, right up to combat against battalions pushing real-time gameplay and AI to unprecedented new levels.
- Physics-based Combat – Players can sweep debris against opponents, kick tables to halt an oncoming surge of fighters, smash the enemy into the scenery or throw bodies into other enemies using aftertouch controls.
- Wide Range of Objects and Weaponry – Including multi-skewering spears and devastatingly explosive bazookas.
- Creative in-game Cinematography – Coupled with real-time story evolvement and amazing set-pieces makes the action feel like a blockbuster action movie and takes combat gameplay to new heights.
Resistance: Fall Of Man is a gripping first-person action game developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Set in a frightening, alternate 20th century reality, Resistance: Fall Of Man capitalizes on PlayStation 3’s superior processing power to deliver a thoroughly believable world that blends epic military action and unnerving horror. Utilizing its signature creative style, Insomniac Games has created a truly next-generation experience featuring smarter enemies, a wide variety of horrifying creatures, physics-based weaponry, playable vehicles and highly detailed, diverse environments. Players will be challenged online and offline as Resistance: Fall of Man delivers an engaging single player campaign, a co-operative mode and one of the most complete multiplayer offerings in a console game.
In Resistance: Fall of Man, the U.S. and Britain band together in a last-ditch effort to save Europe and Asia from a horrific scourge. In mere decades, the Chimera – a species of unknown origin propagating a virus that converts other life forms into more Chimera – has overrun Russia and all of Europe. Humanity’s hope for survival is slim, and the tide of the battle rests on the shoulders of U.S. Army Ranger, Sgt. Nathan Hale.
- Resistance: Fall of Man draws players into a deep, frightening story that rewrites the 20th century and pits the United States and Britain against a horrific species of unknown origin.
- In addition to an epic single player campaign, Resistance: Fall of Man features co-op, split screen multiplayer and highly customizable online gameplay.
- PlayStation 3’s superior power enables Resistance: Fall of Man to feature a wide variety of fluidly moving characters that exhibit more sophisticated behaviors and interact with their environments more realistically.
- Greater processing power on PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray technology enables more immersive visual and sound effects in Resistance: Fall of Man, heightening the chaos of large-scale warfare.
- A powerful rendering engine allows Resistance: Fall of Man to feature a greater variety of highly detailed and interactive environments for a console FPS experience, including large battlefields and sprawling military command centers.
- Insomniac Games has combined its passion for creating exotic weapons and vehicles with a proprietary physics system to create a unique human and alien arsenal.