Featuring cutting-edge high-definition graphics and sound, 60GB of hard disk drive storage space and a revolutionary wireless motion-sensing controller, the Sony PlayStation 3 serves as a platform to enjoy next generation computer entertainment contents in the home, realized through the combination of Cell and RSX processors, in addition to the playability of a vast catalog of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 software titles.
Having Giga-bit Ethernet and a pre-installed hard disk drive as standard in PlayStation 3, users will be able to download a variety of content as well as access on-line games and services over the network.
Equipped with basic input/output ports, PlayStation 3 supports a broad range of displays from conventional NTSC/PAL standard TVs to the latest full HD (1080i/1080p) flat panel displays, offering the joy of the most advanced computer entertainment contents to homes around the world. For use in living rooms, maximum heat and noise reduction has been achieved with a noise level equivalent to that of the current slim-line PlayStation 2.
With the overwhelming computational power of the Cell processor, PlayStation 3 is capable of playing back content from Blu-ray (BD) disc at a bit rate of multiplex 48Mbps with ease, the maximum bit rate defined in BD standards.
The new controller for PlayStation 3 has been created by refining and improving the world’s most popular PlayStation controller which has shipped more than several hundred million units worldwide. The controller for PlayStation 3 employs a high-precision, highly sensitive six-axis sensing system that is capable of processing all parameters within the controller itself, thereby eliminating the need for any additional settings on the display system. By applying this technology, it will become possible to freely control the PlayStation 3 system over the network.
PlayStation 3 Specifications:
- CPU: Cell Processor
- Graphics Processing Unit: RSX
- Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)
- Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- HDD: 2.5" Serial ATA (60GB)
- I/O: USB 2.0 (x4)
- MemoryStick /SD/CompactFlash
- Communication: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
- IEEE 802.11 B/G
- Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
- Wireless controller (Bluetooth)
- AV Output: Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- HDMI Output - (HDMI NextGen)
- AV Multi Output
- Digital Output (Optical)
- BD/DVD/CD Drive (Read Only): Maximum Read Speed BD 2x (BD-ROM)
- DVD 8x (DVD-ROM)
- CD 24x (CD-ROM)
- SACD 2x
- Dimensions: Approximately 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)
- Weight: Approximately 5 kg