With Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and James Stewart heading the splendid cast, The Philadelphia Story remains one of the most hilarious and captivating romantic comedies ever to grace the screen.
The setting is a wealthy Philadelphia suburb, Hepburn, recreating the role she originated in Philip Barry's wickedly funny Broadway play, is the rich, spoiled socialite Tracy Lord. In a performance full of temperament and tenderness, she portrays a woman of high ideals and low tolerance for human frailties -- particularly in a husband! Arrogantly, she has just divorced one, congenial C.K. Dexter Haven, and is about to wed another.
Hoping to prevent the new marriage, cast-off Haven returns for the wedding, bringing along magazine journalist Macaulay Connor, an ink-smeared man-of-the-people who falls for Tracy while matching her acid wit line for line.
* Digitally Remastered Movie with Commentary by Film Historian Jeannine Basinger
* George Cukor Movie Trailer Gallery
* Two Documentaries - Katharine Hepburn: All About Me and George Cukor: A Self-Portrait and The Men Who Made the Movies
* Robert Benchley Short: That Inferior Feeling
* Cartoon: The Homeless Flea
* Audio-Only Bonus: Two Radio Adaptations Featuring the Movie's Three Stars