Developed by SEGA Studios, Phantasy Star Universe offers long-time fans the single-player experience they have been clamoring for. The solo adventure features more than 40 hours of gameplay as well as an emotionally engaging story, stunning cut scenes, and a strong cast of characters with very distinctive personalities. The titles hero is Ethan Waber, a 17-year old cadet who begins his epic journey by first rescuing his sister at the GUARDIANS, a colony under siege by mysterious life forms known as THE SEED.
In Online Mode, players are given the opportunity to create their own characters from a range of races, as they explore all three planets in the Gurhal system. Fans can travel with their friends as a squad of six adventurers, enter urban sprawls teeming with hundreds of other players, and build their avatars into powerful warriors.
- Epic Story: Phantasy Star Universe offers a suspenseful single player adventure that fans have been clamoring for.
- Phantasy Star Brand Heritage: Since 1988, the franchise has evolved, and produced seven series to date building itself as one of the most well established RPG franchises.
- Real-time battles where players choose their own strategies: Choose from over 200 weapon variations in over 20 weapon categories for melee, technique, or ranged-type combat. Players can also select numerous Photon Arts to defeat enemies.
- World Class Score: Soundtrack produced by premier orchestras and vocals from Poland, Hollywood, and New York.
- Online Gameplay: Offering the Best of Both Worlds
- Multiplayer: Create a squad of up to six players to explore the universe and conquer quests.
- Endless gameplay: In addition to over 40 hours of offline gameplay, gamers can spend endless hours online customising characters, searching for rare items, leveling up, and joining friends for exhilarating new quests.
- Variety in transportation: Player-controlled vehicles offer a new type of gameplay for the Phantasy Star franchise.
- Character Customisation: Go beyond standard customisation for your character with precise measurements, an endless colour palette, and outlandish outfits.
- Massive enemies: Over 70 unique enemy species, totaling over 220 enemy variations.