using standard courier delivery
* Do you feel shy and self-conscious in social situations?
* Are you plagued with self-doubts about how you come across to others?
* Do you feel physically sick with worry about certain situations that involve interacting with others?
* Do you make excuses, or even lie to avoid the social situations you dread?
* Do you make important decisions based on whether you'll have to participate in groups or speak in front of others?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you're not alone. Millions of people experience social anxiety of painful shyness to such a degree that it disrupts their daily lives. In fact, as many as one out of every eight Americans will at some point suffer from what's called social anxiety disorder, or social phobia.
Social anxiety disorder is a real problem. But fortunately, it's also one that can be overcome.
Drs. Barbara and Greg Markway, psychologists and experts in the field, coach you every step of the way in this warm, easy-to-read, and inspiring book. You'll learn how social anxiety disorder develops, how it affects all aspects of your life, and most importantly, how to chart your course to recovery.
Barbara G. Markway, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and the co-author of Dying of Embarrassment. She has appeared on Good Morning America as well as numerous national radio programs, and has been featured in newspapers and national magazines.
Gregory P. Markway, Ph.D., is also a licensed clinical psychologist. He has worked in the Behavioral Medicine Department at the Washington University Medical Center, and was on the clinical faculty at the Washington University School of Medicine.