If you are you looking to inspire your child with the story of British History, H E Marshall's classic children's history of Britain is perfect. First published in 1905, this beautifully written narrative sets out the history of Britain from the Romans to the death of Queen Victoria in a way that has delighted and enthused children for generations. This reprinted, centenary edition includes all 31 of the original, evocative colour illustrations.
- Simple narrative, enthralling character descriptions and beautiful illustrations make this the ideal read for children
- The vivid presentation of historical events will capture children's imaginations
- The perfect gift for any child!
Also available from Galore Park:
- Junior History Books 1, 2 and 3
- History for Common Entrance 13+ Textbooks, Revision Guide and Exam Practice Questions
Surprisingly little is known about the life of Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall. She is thought to have been born in 1867, but the date of her death is unknown. She concealed her gender using the initials H. E. in her writing. Her most widely read book, Our Island Story, was first published in 1905 and went through many editions. She penned several other books including Our Empire Story, Scotland's Story and King's and Things, the latter two also having been recently republished by Galore Park.