This game, in all its fabulousness, is pretty much the only game I'll play, and am capable of playing. The story is good, the graphics are amazing, and the entire thing is just fantastic from start to finish. With less locations than the first one (which had sky diving whilst shooting and swimming with sharks) this one still manages to outdo it, with its new “search” keys and characters. There are also a lot of hilarious lines in this one, which is rare for a shoot 'em up these days. The weapons are high tech and easy to use, the assassins are easy (ish. Afterall, I did play on the easy level) to kill and the whole thing is just coated in glamour from the sixties cold war theme. However, don't let that put all you hardcore shooting fans off, because there is ALOT of shooting, too, and lot of blood (however, as usual, the amount is customizable in the menu). Last but not least, you'll probably be the only one playing this one (I now I was) in your circle of friends, but if you ever get lonely whilst ninja-shooting (1st level) there are multiplayer functions and a really nice group of people playing it online (since I was so shocking at multiplayer, they'd apologise for shooting me, which took the sting off being out of their league). Plus, with the price? Who can resist? So, do try it, because I think you'll be writing more accolades about it in a month at most.
This game is a bit of a sleeper – it doesn't look like much but it's actually a very good first-person game. There is more than one way of getting through the various levels usually and it has a rather amusing storyline with some great cut-scenes and funny dialogue. The graphics while a little dated compared with current gen games are still pretty good given it's age, but it will still run very nicely on an older rig.
It's easy to overlook this game but at this price it's a real bargain – take a punt, you'll be surprised at how good it is. Fun, funny and well worth playing.
Meanwhile, the United States has uncovered a top secret Soviet project that, if successful, could bring about a third World War. Can Cate Archer avert a nuclear holocaust and simultaneously stay out of H.A.R.M.'s way?
- Greater emphasis on stealth and evasion not only makes it easier to avoid enemies, but also to escape from them if you've been detected. Players can now lean around corners to see what lies up ahead, disappear into hiding places from which they can safely observe enemies, and lose pursuers by outsmarting them.
- Diverse locales keep players jet setting across the globe from a feudal Japanese estate to a Soviet military installation in the Siberian tundra to the exotic streets of India.
- A rich, interactive environment can work for you or against you. Casually knock over a bottle and you might bring enemies to investigate. Unscrew light bulbs to create hiding places in the shadows. Leave a door open and a guard may become suspicious and decide to search the area for intruders.
- An advanced AI system allows enemies to recognize everyday items within the world. Each henchman has unique goals, such as guarding a safe or unloading a truck, but their own internal urges can be triggered by objects in the area, sending them off to get a cup of coffee or sneak away for a quick nap in their favorite chair.
- Overcome obstacles and adversaries with an assortment of cunning gadgets and deadly weapons. Dispatch enemies quietly with Japanese throwing stars and the Vindicator Model 6 crossbow. Decipher encoded messages with the HR-4 Ladies' Compact Code Breaker. Snap incriminating pictures with a pocket size lipstick spy camera in Tulip, Cate's favorite shade.
- Remarkably clever henchmen provide plenty of challenge. Square off against devious Ninjas, Tulwar-wielding Indian assassins, and machine gun toting Soviet soldiers.
irectX 8.1 or higher (included)
Pentium III 500 MHz or higher
128 MB RAM (256 MB for XP)
1.4 GB hard drive space for installation plus additional space for Windows swap file and saved games
4X CD-ROM drive
DirectSound compatible 16-bit sound card with DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
32 MB Direct3D compatible video card with Hardware T & L
32-bit color suport
DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!