Exam board: Edexcel
First teaching: September 2015
First exams: Summer 2016
Target success in Edexcel A-level History with this proven formula for effective, structured revision; key content coverage is combined with exam preparation activities and exam-style questions to create a revision guide that students can rely on to review, strengthen and test their knowledge.
- Enables students to plan and manage a successful revision programme using the topic-by-topic planner
- Consolidates knowledge with clear and focused content coverage, organised into easy-to-revise chunks
- Encourages active revision by closely combining historical content with related activities
- Helps students build, practise and enhance their exam skills as they progress through activities set at three different levels
- Improves exam technique through exam-style questions with sample answers and commentary from expert authors and teachers
- Boosts historical knowledge with a useful glossary and timeline
Alan Farmer is a widely published academic on modern American, European and British history. He taught history to students of all ages for all his working life. He was Head of History at the University of Cumbria until his retirement in 2006. He has extensively written for A Level History in the Access to History series.