A stimulating and rigorous approach to Mathematics that goes beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum for Year 5 pupils (aged 9 and above) and lays the foundation for success at Common Entrance and other independent entrance exams at 11+.
- Plenty of worked examples to demonstrate method
- Develops key skills with clear explanations and diagrams
- Challenges pupils with exercises at various levels
- Tests understanding with end-of-chapter activities
Galore Park Mathematics Year 5 Answers is available to purchase, which includes photocopiable worksheets for selected exercises and activities.
Also available from Galore Park www.galorepark.co.uk:
- Mathematics Year 6
- 11+ Maths Practice Exercises
- 11+ Maths Revision Guide
- 10-Minute Maths Tests Workbook Age 8-10
- 10-Minute Maths Tests Workbook Age 9-11
- Mental Arithmetic Workbook Age 8-10
- Mental Arithmetic Workbook Age 9-11
David Hillard spent more than 45 years teaching Mathematics in two preparatory schools. He was associated with the Common Entrance Examination at 11+ and 13+ in the role of adviser, assessor or setter.
Serena Alexander has taught Mathematics since 1987, originally in both maintained and independent senior schools. From 1999 she taught at St. Paul's School for Boys, where she was Head of Mathematics at their Preparatory School, Colet Court, before moving first to Newton Prep as Deputy Head and then to Devonshire House as Headmistress. She has run many Mathematics conferences for prep school teachers. She is now an ISI reporting Inspector and consultant, with a particular focus on mathematics.