- Mighty Ape gets 5 Stars for the best price and fast delivery *
I bought this to fit into my current ecosystem of Logitech G502 and G903 Lightspeed mice. I use a lot of 2D and 3D design software and I wanted to create lighting for any individual key as well as macro profiles for various programs, which this keyboard does very well. The minor gripes I have (that you should be aware of) are;
- The secondary function markers on the keys are so dark (they don't light up) you can't see them unless you are using the keyboard in an halogen lit interrogation room or during a solar flare. With no lighting effects you can't even see the primary key markers.
- The programmable G4 & G5 Keys (bottom left) are too close to the Control and Shift keys. They should have been positioned 2 rows up or further away from the main cluster. I've had to program them to double-up as Control and Shift in my default profile.
- The G-HUB software does not work over Bluetooth, only dongle mode. App and Game profiles don't work either. (Maybe this will get fixed in an update-)
- Only the G Keys are programmable (but you can disable any key in gaming mode, which means all keys should be programmable…but not) The Cooler Master SK621 RGB Wireless Cherry MX Keyboard can do this, I don't know why Logitech couldn't go that one step further for the extra $100 they charge.
- You can only store 2 lighting profiles with the onboard memory.
I like this keyboard. It's a premium build and quality product that you would expect from this price point. I can learn to live with the minor gripes.