Left 4 Dead 2 is the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer smash from Valve. The title adds melee combat to the award-winning L4D style of play, with items such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.
The setting is at roughly the same time as the original - just after the outbreak that turned most of the population into various zombie mutants. Players assume the role of 4 new "Survivors," each with their own personality and new dialog.
The game leads these Survivors through the south-eastern region of the US - from Savannah, Georgia thru the bayou country, and climaxing in New Orleans' French Quarter. Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, maps for Survival Mode at launch, and more...
- Next-generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
- AI Director 2.0: Advanced technology dubbed "The AI Director" drove L4D's unique gameplay - customising enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players' performance. Left 4 Dead 2 features "The AI Director 2.0" which expands the Director's ability to customise level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
- New melee weapons - axe, chainsaw, frying pan, baseball bat - allow you to get up close with the zombies.
- Four different Survivors. New story. New dialogue.
- More game. On day one, Left 4 Dead 2 features more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the Versus game modes than Left 4 Dead, plus support for Survival Mode out of the box.
- Stats, rankings, and awards system drives collaborative play.