Harness the power and simplicity of Informatica PowerCenter 10.x to build and manage efficient data management solutions
About This Book
* Master PowerCenter 10.x components to create, execute, monitor, and schedule ETL processes with a practical approach.
* An ideal guide to building the necessary skills and competencies to become an expert Informatica PowerCenter developer.
* A comprehensive guide to fetching/transforming and loading huge volumes of data in a very effective way, with reduced resource consumption
Who This Book Is For
If you wish to deploy Informatica in enterprise environments and build a career in data warehousing, then this book is for you. Whether you are a software developer/analytic professional and are new to Informatica or an experienced user, you will learn all the features of Informatica 10.x. A basic knowledge of programming and data warehouse concepts is essential.
What You Will Learn
* Install or upgrade the components of the Informatica PowerCenter tool
* Work on various aspects of administrative skills and on the various developer Informatica PowerCenter screens such as Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Repository Manager.
* Get practical hands-on experience of various sections of Informatica PowerCenter, such as navigator, toolbar, workspace, control panel, and so on
* Leverage basic and advanced utilities, such as the debugger, target load plan, and incremental aggregation to process data
* Implement data warehousing concepts such as schemas and SCDs using Informatica
* Migrate various components, such as sources and targets, to another region using the Designer and Repository Manager screens
* Enhance code performance using tips such as pushdown optimization and partitioning
Informatica PowerCenter is an industry-leading ETL tool, known for its accelerated data extraction, transformation, and data management strategies. This book will be your quick guide to exploring Informatica PowerCenter's powerful features such as working on sources, targets, transformations, performance optimization, scheduling, deploying for processing, and managing your data at speed.
First, you'll learn how to install and configure tools. You will learn to implement various data warehouse and ETL concepts, and use PowerCenter 10.x components to build mappings, tasks, workflows, and so on. You will come across features such as transformations, SCD, XML processing, partitioning, constraint-based loading, Incremental aggregation, and many more. Moreover, you'll also learn to deliver powerful visualizations for data profiling using the advanced monitoring dashboard functionality offered by the new version.
Using data transformation technique, performance tuning, and the many new advanced features, this book will help you understand and process data for training or production purposes. The step-by-step approach and adoption of real-time scenarios will guide you through effectively accessing all core functionalities offered by Informatica PowerCenter version 10.x.
Style and approach
You'll get hand-on with sources, targets, transformations, performance optimization, scheduling, deploying for processing, and managing your data, and learn everything you need to become a proficient Informatica PowerCenter developer.
Rahul Malewar is a data warehouse consultant, providing Business Intelligence and Data Analytical solutions to customers. He has worked on various Data Warehousing tools for 10 years, majorly on Informatica Power Center--various versions of Informatica Power Center, from version 8.1 to the latest 10.1.0. He has experience of working on multiple real-time projects in a couple of MNCs, utilizing the skills acquired from which, he has written this book. He has been running his own training center named Learn Well Technocraft for seven years now, wherein training on more than 25 Data warehousing, Cloud Computing, and Data Analytical technologies is provided over classroom, corporate, and online means. He has also written a blog on data warehousing concepts. As of today, he has provided training to more than 1,700 candidates, ranging from freshers to professionals with 20 years of experience in Informatica.
Rahul has also worked on Informatica cloud and has implemented projects on it. Apart from this, he has also provided training on Informatica cloud to big organizations such as monster.com (US).
He is the Director of a software development firm named Gut Lernen Technocraft Pvt. Ltd., where they work on data warehousing and mobile-related projects.