Kingdom Hearts is the story of Sora, a 14-year-old boy whose world is shattered when a violent storm hits his island-paradise home and he is separated from his two closest friends, Riku, a 15-year-old boy, and Kairi, a 14-year-old girl. At the same time, there is turmoil in Disney castle. King Mickey is missing, and Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy set out to find him. On their travels they meet Sora on his own search for his lost friends. The three are told of ominous creatures known as the Heartless - beings without hearts derived from an unknown dimension and as it turns out, manipulated by Disney villains and the ones responsible for the devastating storm. Upon discovering the link between the Heartless, the storm and the disappearance of King Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy join forces and heip familiar Disney heroes to save their worlds.
The new Disney characters making their debut in Kingdom Hearts are developed by Tetsuya Nomura, best known for his creations in the breakthrough titles Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X. From a production team of more than 1OO of SquareSoft and Disney's most creative talent, Kingdom Hearts fully exploits the technologicaL possibilities of the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system in an epic tale of adventure, heroism and, ultimately, the sacrifice of what is held dearest for the greater good. This is the first time characters frorn different Disney films come together in one interactive product. With Kingdom Hearts you can embark on a magnificent journey of adventure and imagination across familiar Disney worlds and enchanting new lands.
- For the first time, multiple Disney characters and worlds co-exist in one interactive product. Over 100 Disney characters appear in the game, including Jafar from Aladdin, Clayton from Tarzan, Hades from Hercules, and The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, among others.
- Four new Disney characters designed by Tetsuya Nomura make their debut: Sora, Riku, Kairi and the Heartless.
- Classic Disney characters will appear in fresh new ways. These include new costumes and the characters' ability to to morph into different forms as they take on characteristics of the diverse worlds they visit.
- Disney characters engage in action sequences using movements and behaviors true to their film personas - Peter Pan flies, Tarzan climbs and King Triton swims, among others.
- Integrated voiceovers including actual voices of Disney characters.
- Cameo appearances by Final Fantasy characters including Selphie from FF VIII and Tidus & Wakka from FF X along with other familiar SquareSoft characters.
- Real-time battle system that incorporates innovative new elements with traditional RPG elements found in previous SquareSoft titles.
- Theme song written and performed by Japanese pop artist/singer Utada Hikaru.
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!