Until now cricket has largely been neglected, save for a few arcade games where hand/eye co-ordination takes precedence over the more cerebral aspect of the sport. International Cricket Captain is an attempt to correct this imbalance.
International Cricket Captain is a simulation which uses real statistics, modified by player actions, as a basis for producing results. There was a time when many stats-based games made Microsoft Access look like a Dali canvas, but ICC uses the best in modern technology to make a game that is as attractive to look at as it is to play.
In the game, the player may opt to captain any team in the current County Championship, or to lead England in Test Matches against the current Test playing countries. In September they plan to release South Afrcian and Australian versions of the game featuring their respective domestic competitions.
What's In The Game?
- All registered First Class players in the County Championship.
- Photos of Test Match grounds.
- Accurately modelled animation's showing batting, bowling and fielding
- Photos of the players.
- Current stats and career histories of all First Class players.
- Commentary by the BBC's Jonathan Agnew.