Recognizing the potential of ICTs to make the classroom transaction of curriculum significantly more relevant and purposeful, principals and school administrators in India need to design appropriate IT strategies and oversee the entire implementation process in their schools. This book is guide to the use of ICT in schools, covering issues of pedagogy, curriculum and learning. In brief, it deals with
- Education uses of IT
- Criteria for selection of hardware and software
- Designing an IT-assisted curriculum
- Teacher recruitment, training and desired competencies
- Management and financial issues
- Possible problem areas: plagiarism, privacy, hacking
Lucidly written, with case studies highlighting successful strategies, this volume will be of immense importance to principals and administrators of schools as also students of education.
Neharika Vohra is a professor at the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad.