Does the idea of analysing theme leave you confused and bewildered? Are you an author seeking to understand the power of theme in your own writing? Or a student trying to grapple with theme in the classroom? How To Theme is here to help!
In How To Theme, you will learn:
* How to easily and accurately identify the theme of any text
* How to write analytically about theme
* Bonus information on essay writing, including crafting a thesis statement
* How to apply the power of theme to your own writing
* Why themes are even important
* How themes relate to story genre
* And much, much more!
Presented in a straight-forward, light-hearted tone, How To Theme will have you confidently identifying, analysing and applying theme in no time at all. Written by Amy Laurens, established author and Australian high school English teacher since 2010 at several top schools in her state--so you know it's going to be good!
INCLUDES GENRE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE MOST COMMON THEMES IN FIVE POPULAR GENRES! (Romance, YA, fantasy, science fiction and mystery.)