Combining cutting-edge gameplay, historical footage and battle simulation, THE HISTORY CHANNEL Great Battles of Rome allows players to fully immerse themselves into history as never before.
Merging action and strategy in a setting that replicates the atmosphere of the period, THE HISTORY CHANNEL Great Battles of Rome allows players to take control of a series of campaigns against Barbarian hordes, while carving out the Roman Empire.
Over 100 battles are available for play including the Punic and Samnite Wars, and Julius Caesar’s conquest of Britain. Players can customize and control massive armies with an array of soldiers including gbraries, archers, cavalry and even mighty war-elephants. The game delivers battle realism in various environments, including steppe, forest, desert and coastline, with both day and night lighting.
- Re-Live over 100 of the most famous battles from Roman history.
- Command over 20 unique and authentic units types.
- Customize the look of every unit and assign over 100 skills.
- View nearly 30 movies built from original TV documentary footage from The History Channel.
- Special Visual effects on the e.g. water reflections, particles, lighting, and night battles.
- Real terrain affects affecting squads e.g. cavalry weaker in woods, light infantry disadvantaged in open.