When Ellen passes away, her daughter's family begins to unravel cryptic and increasingly terrifying secrets about their ancestry. The more they discover, the more they find themselves trying to outrun the sinister fate they seem to have inherited.
Critics Reviews for Hereditary:
- “Toni Collette is flawless.” – Andrea Gronvall , Chicago Reader
- “All-time great Toni Collette performance.” – Christy Lemire , What the Flick?!
- “It has the nerve to suggest that the social unit is, by definition, self-menacing, and that the home is no longer a sanctuary but a crumbling fortress, under siege from within.” -Anthony Lane, New Yorker
- “If you're the kind of horror nerd whose cage gets especially rattled by séances, shock scares, and the supernatural, you're in for a hell of a time.” – Chris Nashawaty , Entertainment Weekly
- “Here's a haunted-houses movie for the ages.” – Joe Morgenstern , Wall Street Journal