Very good desk, very happy about it 😊 This desk is reviewed from the perspective of a person who plays video games but some of the information provided can be applied to those who are interested in the desk for general use
- Easy to setup if you follow instructions thoroughly and pay attention to the “pay attention” parts of the instructions. Will be straight forward for the average person. Will need a blade or a pair of scissors to remove some packaging around the parts but other than that no extra tools are needed as a screwdriver and Allen key is provided to help with the setup. 5 cable ties are provided for those who are OCD like me 😊
- The power cable does not come in an NZ cable but Mightyape provides you with one, without extra charge but it is shipped separately as the desk is shipped through Mainfreight and the power cable is shipped via NZ post.
- The desk comes with a mouse pad that covers the whole desk so please do not buy a mousepad unless you really want to.
- The desk stays on adjusted height if the power cable is unplugged, for those of you who wants to save power and the desk is not too loud in my opinion although I do not have a device that can measure the sound.
- The desk is pretty big, it is best to use a measuring tape to measure the exact space on where you are planning to place it. Can accommodate 2 monitors, a pc or a PS4 (or a different gaming console), a mice/mouse and a keyboard OR a triple monitor setup but the pc or PS4 will not fit on the desk if you choose to have a triple monitor setup unless you want to cram everything on the desk. The desk is really stable very good build. It does not shake
- The cup holder is a nice edition especially for those who drink a lot of water or energy drink. Can fit the average water bottle.
- Shipping cost more roughly an extra $51.99 if you live in the South Island I think.
- The cable management/ the tray underneath the desk where you can place or run cables through is decent, it would have been better if the tray was metal and had a power board attached to it or if you could attach one as you would need to run lots of cables underneath the desk to plug into a power board the is on the ground or wherever you place it, although it can be easily fixed if you place a smaller power board in the tray but I doubt most gamers would risk using cheap power boards for their gaming devices.
- The headset hook is too small for those who own larger headsets. The headset hook looks a little bit like this under the desk |____ (I would prefer that the hook looked a little like this I____I kinda like a rectangle but without the top of course), but significantly longer so that it could fit larger headsets and prevent them from easily falling off the hook as most people will likely feel a bit worried if their headsets fall off from the hook as headsets tend to get fairly expensive, depending on how much you spend. Although not really a big deal for me as I normally do not use the hook as a result of my wireless headset.
Overall great desk for the average person but these little things could make it even better. Still really happy with the desk though, I would recommend it to other people 😊