By far the most ambitious, unflinchingly graphic and stylistically influential western ever mounted, The Good The Bad And The Ugly is an engrossing actioner shot through with a volatile mix of myth and realism. Clint Eastwood returns as the "Man With No Name," this time teaming with two gunslingers to pursue a cache of $20,000-and letting no one, not even warring factions in a civil war, stand in their way.
* 16x9 Widescreen Format
* 18 Minutes of restored deleted footage edited back into the film
* Offered in both all new 5.1 and original mono sound
* Audio Commentary with Richard Schickel, genre expert/historian/author
* Documentary - (20min) - "Leone's West" - Focus on a retrospective look back at making this film. Includes interviews with Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, Mickey Knox (writer of English Language translation), and producer Alberto Grimaldi
* Documentary - (24min) - "The Leone Style" - Focus on impact of Leone Spaghetti Western phenomenon, keeping focus on this film. Includes interviews with Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, Mickey Knox (writer of English Language translation), producer Alberto Grimaldi, and historian, Richard Schickel.
* Documentary - (15min) - "The Man Who Lost The Civil War" - Provides background as to why the Civil War reached the American Southwest, and therefore, puts its appearance in the film into perspective for viewers.
* Featurette - (11min) - "Reconstructing 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'" - Focus on the reconstruction & re-recording of audio tracks for the new version of the film - vs. the release in Italian in Rome.
* Deleted Scenes:
* Animated Gallery of Missing Sequence (3 min) - "The Socorro Sequence: A Reconstruction" - a reconstruction with stills, and footage, a missing sequence.
* Extended Tuco Torture Scene – (7 min) – Never before seen! This scene was dropped from all theatrical versions.
* Featurette (8min) - "IL Maestro" – A well-known music critic for Variety comments on the score.
* Audio Featurette (10min) – “IL Maestro, Part 2” - extended insight into Morricone's music (audio of Variety music critic - photo of Morricone, poster and song lyrics on the screen).
* Poster Gallery - display of 5 theatrical release posters from all over the world.