Simple, time consuming and exciting. You don't get much better than Freelancer. Fly, shoot and dodge your way through hundreds of missions and storyline to find out that it's 4am on a Thursday morning. Once you finish the story, you can continue improving your bank account balance and upgrading your ship. Finish the achievements and you know your the master of space. I loved this game and hope that those of you out there get the chance to play this wonderful thing known as Freelancer.
This has always been one of my favorites. No matter how many times I come back to it, I still enjoy it. The controls are easy to use, the graphics are excellent for the specs required (used to run it on my slow dell). The story line takes quite a while, and you are constantly allowed to stop and explore. Once you have finished the story line, there is the entire galaxy for you to explore, with tonnes of ships. If you ever do get bored, download some mods, and play it from the beginning. Defiantly worth any amount of money.
- Open-ended universe - Gamers can select to play random missions or follow the storyline. The universe is open for exploration, and the game advances based on decisions players make.
- Dynamic reputation - The players' reputations constantly evolve as they choose their missions, make allies or enemies and succeed or fail.
- Distinctive styles of play - Players can choose to act like bounty hunters, traders, pirates or explorers for different gameplay experiences.
- Trading - Commodity trading turns the gears of the universe. Mining planets churn out valuable minerals while agriculture planets cultivate grain. Players must find the best trade routes and profit.
- Compelling storyline - More than two hours of in-game cinematics plunge players into the mysteries of a vast planetary system. Character interaction will emotionally involve players in an intriguing and compelling storyline, giving them a sense of purpose.
- Vibrant, rich universe - Political intrigue permeates almost every aspect of the game. Players' decisions affect the dynamic relationships of other characters and ultimately alter the gameplay experience.
- "Simple" combat interface - The intricacies of space-combat can be mastered via a simple and intuitive mouse-driven interface.
- Multiplayer - Players may set up their own persistent world servers or play with gamers across the globe through Zone.com.
- PC Games