Battle for position at every sweeping bend, high-speed straight away, and hairpin turn within the world's most glamorous sporting arena. From Monaco to Monza, take on the most intelligent and daring racers to hit the Formula One circuit. The circuit comes to life with fully interactive pit stops, roaring crowds, a buzzing grid, driver animations, and a full spectrum of driving conditions, including torrential downpours and other mid-race weather changes. Add the official 2001 FIA Formula One World Championship license and F1 2001 is poised to reach new milestones in motor sports gaming.
· Artificial intelligence with authentic driving styles and tendencies: Gamers race against opponents who want to win as badly as they do. Every driver on the track will fight, battle and react to maintain position, while constantly looking for the next opportunity to overtake, creating an intense racing experience.
· Dynamic, living environments: F1 2001 takes the driver into a living, breathing Formula One world as anticipation builds up on a buzzing grid. The gamer will enter the ultimate racing experience, whether surrounded by team personnel and engineers, passing flag bearing marshals at the trackside warning drivers of upcoming danger, creating breathtaking collisions, or passing an opponent as the crowd waves and screams.
· Realistic weather model: The driver witnesses the race come alive under adverse weather conditions. As rain clouds hover, umbrellas go up and pit crews radio weather updates. Rain causes opponents to spin off the track, crash into barriers, and rush to the pits to switch tires and change strategy.
· Pit crew-to-driver radio communication: Race engineers communicate with the gamer, giving the driver information on competitors’ performance and position though “Intelligent” Pit Communication.
· Official 2001 season content: All the drivers, tracks and teams from the official FIA 2001 Formula One World Championship. Race against elite drivers of the current season including Juan-Pablo Montoya and Kimi Raikonnen.
· Beyond broadcast presentation: Gamers relive the defining moments of each race as key events are edited to provide a dramatic highlights package featuring director, curb, onboard, cockpit, and swingman cameras.
PC Specific Features:
· The first game to include 2001 season content.
· Cutting edge technology: All new graphics technology provides unrivalled accuracy, resolution, detail, performance and sensation of speed.
· Multiplayer Made Easy: All new multiplayer Internet and LAN technology including EA SPORTS match-up service makes it easier than ever to find and race against other F1 2001 players online.
· Driver training: Novices and experienced racers alike can improve their skills using the Arrows two-seater training car. Tests developed in conjunction with the Orange Arrows Formula One team take you through aspects including vehicle control, circuit familiarization, race craft, pit strategy and vehicle setup.
· Inside Formula One: Test driven by the British American Racing Formula One team and other professionals from within the real Formula One world.
Intel Pentium Processor 350MHz
500MB Hard Drive Space
3D Graphics Accelerator (16MB)
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Review
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!
- If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback. Send Feedback
- If you have a question or problem with this product, visit our Help section. Get Help
Buy this and earn 79 Banana Points
Banana points will no longer be offered after Monday, 27th May 2019. Check out our blog for details