Hailed as a classic by long-term viewers of Doctor Who, The Tomb of the Cybermen, starring Patrick Troughton as the second Doctor, has always been shrouded in mystery and treated with awe by the program's fans. No doubt, this is due to part of the story having gone missing from the BBC's TV archive of Doctor Who adventures. In 1992, all four episodes of this once-lost classic were miraculously found at a TV station in Hong Kong, and returned to the BBC. Now available on DVD, this very sought-after release includes a fantastic range of Special Features including previously unseen footage.
So the story goes…the once-feared Cybermen have disappeared from the universe without trace. An expedition from Earth arrives on Telos – homeworld of the Cybermen – to try and discover exactly what has become of the silver giants. Soon after the Doctor, Jamie and Victoria join the archaeological party, the first mysterious death occurs. Beneath the planet’s surface, giant ice-tombs hold the last remains of the Cybermen in a frozen sleep. And someone is working to re-activate them from their slumber.
- Main Menu Introduction, Main Menu Audio & Animation
- Featurette: Title Sequence Tests
- Featurette: Late Night Line-Up: Special Effects
- Featurette: The Final End
- Featurette: Tombwatch
- Featurette: Remastering For DVD
- Featurette: Morris Barry Interview
- Audio Commentary: Frazer Hines & Deborah Watling
- Gallery-Photo, Informational Subtitles