Sidda Lee Walker (Sandra Bullock), a prominent young playwright living in New York City, is a long way from her Louisiana hometown and a nice safe distance from her loving, but highly dramatic and eccentric mother, Vivi (Ellen Burstyn). And that's just fine with her. When a TIME Magazine profile on Sidda implies that Vivi was not a good mother, Vivi is outraged and mother and daughter begin a fight that threatens to destroy not only their relationship but Sidda's tenuous wedding plans. Enter the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (Fionnula Flanagan, Shirley Knight, Maggie Smith)--Vivi's intrepid gang of lifelong friends, eager to restore peace, no matter what it takes.
- Additional scenes not seen in theatres
- Two commentaries: one with director/screenwriter Callie Khouri and actor Ashley Judd; the other with Khouri, producers Bonnie Bruckheimer and Hunt Lowry, executive producer Lisa Stewart, editor Andrew Marcus and composer T-Bone Burnett, who produced the chart-topping O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack
- Unlocking the Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sis erhood chronicles the page-to-screen journey
- Interactive Ya-Ya Sisterhood Scrapbook reveals tender portraits of the Ya-Ya ladies
- Alison Krauss "Sitting in the Window of My Room" music video
- Theatrical trailer
- Cast / Director film highlights