The D-Link Xtreme N™ Gigabit Router (DIR-655) is a draft 802.11n compliant device that delivers up to 14x faster speeds* and 6x farther range* than 802.11g while staying backward compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b devices.
Connect the Xtreme N Gigabit Router to a cable or DSL modem and provide high-speed Internet access to multiple computers, game consoles, and media players. Create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, videos, printers, and network storage.
Powered by Xtreme N™ technology and equipped with three external antennas, this router provides superior wireless coverage for larger homes and offices, or for users running bandwidth-intensive applications.
The DIR-655 also includes a 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit switch that connects Gigabit wired devices for enjoying lag-free network gaming and faster file transfers.
The Xtreme N Gigabit Router supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or from the Internet.
Support for WEP™, WPA™, and WPA2™ standards ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption regardless of your client devices.
All D-Link ADSL Routers / Modems have a three year warranty.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and draft 802.11n specifications.
Actual data throughput will vary.
Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
- Draft 802.11n Speeds Up to 14x Faster than Wireless G*
- Greater Coverage for Your Entire Home or Office
- Intelligent QoS Technology for Superior VoIP and Online Gaming
- Connect Computers, Game Consoles, or Media Players to the Web
- Intelligent Wireless Prioritization Technology
- Xtreme N technology allows for farther home coverage*
- Secure your wireless network using advanced WEP™, WPA™, or WPA2™ encryption
- Easy to get started with D-Link’s new Quick Router Setup Wizard
- Supports Good Neighbor Policy - will not interfere with other wireless networks
- Backward compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b devices including game consoles and digital media players