"Counter-Strike," the world's most popular online action game and first-person shooter for the PC, makes its console debut exclusively on Xbox and Xbox Live. "Counter-Strike" features single-player missions taking place over a gritty realistic counterterrorist world, and allows gamers to challenge other players in team-based multiplayer games on Xbox Live and System Link.
"Counter-Strike" on Xbox will be the most graphically advanced version of the series to date, showcasing the technical prowess of Xbox, including immersive, intense multiplayer action on Xbox Live. In addition, players will benefit by strategizing and communicating with their teammates via the Xbox Live Communicator headset.
* Intense Xbox Live multiplayer action. Gamers can battle real players throughout the world with Xbox Live, strategizing and communicating with up to 16 other players. A unique player-ranking system will allow gamers to select games with equal-caliber opponents, while Xbox Live helps ensure cheat-free playing fields. System Link functionality will also be available.
* Xbox enhancements and exclusives. Players will be treated to new, graphically enhanced missions from "Counter-Strike: Condition Zero," as well as new, exclusive content designed only for Xbox. Players can engage in the usual favorites, such as Bomb Defuse and Hostage Rescue, as well as play the new single-player component.
* Realistic counterterrorist experience. Players will experience a deep, involving counterterrorism world in which danger abounds. Players will lead an elite team through the jungles of Asia and the cold regions of Eastern Europe, and in the unbearable humidity of Colombia.
* Real-life weapons and gadgets. Players can choose from more than 25 real-life weapons: Shotguns, sniper rifles, pistols and other military artillery are available. New gadgets include a riot shield, blowtorch and fiber optic camera, bringing new strategic elements to the "Counter-Strike" world.
* Downloadable content. New content is planned for download on Xbox Live.