Presented by Robert Winston (The Human Body). A Child's World charts the key developments and achievements that mark the way on the fascinating journey to becoming a fully-fledged independent person. It's all about how all children's minds work and the universal way in which emotional and intellectual processes develop between the ages of two and twelve. A fantastic Parenting Tool.
* The Engendered Species - how children learn about gender - their own and other people's.
* The Mind Reader - how children acquire an understanding of what goes on in the minds of others.
* The Lying Game - how children learn the vital social skill of not always telling the truth.
* The Thinker - how children acquire the tools necessary for abstract thought, logic and reasoning.
* Life and Times - see how children need an understanding of time before they can begin to grasp the concepts of life and death.
* State of Independence - we reveal the long struggle to break free from parents and gain autonomy.