This authoritative, comprehensive guide is your bible to Carrara 1. Written for people at all levels of technological know-how, it may be used as a reference book or a tutorial. You'll appreciate the step-by-step instructions and clear explanations enhanced by icons, charts, and hundreds of screenshots. The tips, insights, and shortcuts that appear in each chapter will help you to
* Build realistic 3D models, and bring them to life with sophisticated animation effects.
* Harness the Vertex modeler and Metaball modelers to create organic objects.
* Paint your models and add professional touches, such as texture maps and bump maps.
* Create cool landscapes, atmospheres, and other background elements.
* Take advantage of the built-in filters to add sophisticated photographic effects.
* Enhance realism with shaders, multiple cameras, and lighting.
* Save modeling time by using the collision detection and alignment tools.
* Integrate fire, fountains, explosions, and other ready-made special effects.
* Discover professional tricks for editing and tweaking your animations.
A bonus CD-ROM contains a Bryce 4 demo, VideoWave II trial, Goldwave, animations, and highly detailed commercial 3D models.
If you're an animator dreaming of spinning logos or dinosaurs locked in battle, you'll find the tools to create them inside the Carrara 1 Bible. You'll see why the entire Bible series carries such an outstanding reputation when the Carrara 1 Bible goes the distance for you.