Blood Diamond – Two-Disc Special Edition (2 Disc Set)
Set against the backdrop of the chaos and civil war that enveloped 1990s Sierra Leone, Blood Diamond is the story of Danny Archer (Leonardo DiCaprio), a South African mercenary, and Solomon Vandy (Djimon Hounsou), a Mende fisherman. Both men are African, but their histories and their circumstances are as different as any can be – until their fates become joined in a common quest to recover a rare pink diamond that can transform their lives.
While in prison for smuggling, Archer learns that Solomon – who was taken from his family and forced to work in the diamond fields – has found and hidden the extraordinary rough stone. With the help of Maddy Bowen (Jennifer Connelly), an American journalist whose idealism is tempered by a deepening connection with Archer, the two men embark on a trek through rebel territory. More than a search for a valuable diamond, the journey could save Solomon's family and give Archer the second chance he thought he would never have.
- Director's Commentary
- Theatrical Trailer
- Blood on the Stone (50m) – Follow the path of a diamond from the ground to the store.
- Becoming Archer – A profile of Leonardo DiCaprio and how he trained for the war.
- Journalism on the Front Line – Jennifer Connelly on Women Journalists at war.
- Inside the Siege of Freetown (- See how Ed Zwick tackled the pivotal scene.
- Music Video, Shine On Em' by Nas
- " Yes, Blood Diamond is preachy, but it's a sermon we need to hear. " – Brandon Fibbs
- " This is one powerful film. The shooting style is intense, mixing action with heart-wrenching drama with Leonardo DiCaprio's faux South African accent. " – Ryan Cracknell
- " Both excitingly well made and dispiritingly formulatic. " – David Edelstein