begins in any year you choose, from 1900 to 2006 with the full roster of your favorite team--or an entirely fictional team of your own creation. As General Manager (GM), your job is to build the best lineup of players to take your team to the World Series. You can make complex player trades and sign players to multi-year contracts as you build your team, but you'll have to compete with the other General Managers, and negotiate with the player's agents.
As GM you also have to manage all the finances for your ball club, making sure that the team doesn't go bankrupt. Raise revenue for your team by setting the price of tickets and concessions, and selling the TV broadcast rights, while you manage your team's expenses by setting the budget for your farm system, player scouts, medical staff, and player payroll. But be careful, because fans can be fickle if your team doesn't win or if your tickets become too expensive!
If you don’t succeed in your first year, you get a new chance with Baseball Mogul’s in-depth amateur draft. You pick and choose from the best high-school and college talent around the world. If your new players are good enough, have them join your team right away, otherwise send them to your minor league franchise for training and improvement.
Your involvement as GM does not stop in the team's front office. This year’s version of Baseball Mogul gives you complete control over your team on the field. You start by setting the starting defense, batting order, and pitching rotation for your team. On game day, you choose your level of involvement. You can retire to the luxury box and make calls to the dugout as needed. Or you can take control of each player, choosing what pitches to throw and when to bunt or go for an extra base. A powerful game engine simulates each pitch of the game based on customized player ratings and over 100 years of historical data, assuring you the maximum realism possible!
Baseball Mogul is designed to help you manage your team over many simulated years. Manage your team one day at a time, or let the computer simulate weeks or months at a stretch so you can play for virtual years or decades. As your players age, their abilities mature and decline realistically. Don't forget to build your team for the long term, rather than spending all your money on free agents this season.
Watch your team rise and fall in the standings, watch your bank statement, and read the news stories to stay on top of what's happening with all the ball clubs in both leagues. If you pick the right players, manage your finances well, and stick to a winning strategy, your team may win the Championship, and you too may become a Baseball Mogul!
- New Animated Play-By-Play! All-new in-game Manager mode lets you call plays and make substitutions as if you were in the dugout. Or retire to the owner's box and let your coaches and players control the action. It's up to you!
- New Pitch-By-Pitch Mode! Fully interactive Pitch-by-Pitch mode puts you in complete control of the game. New graphical batting and pitching interface gives you pinpoint control over each pitch. Brush back the batter with an inside fastball, then put him away with a splitter in the dirt.
- New Custom Pitcher Database! Sports Mogul unveils a 30,000 line database with data for over 1,200 pitchers that you can't find anywhere else. Includes individually researched ratings for every pitch in each pitcher's arsenal, going back to 1901. From Gaylord Perry's spitball to Daisuke Matsuzaka's "Gyroball", Baseball Mogul 2007 is the most complete baseball simulation you can buy.
- New Lefty-Righty Stats! Baseball Mogul 2007 tracks every match-up. Whether you are pinch-hitting in the 9th or trading for someone to platoon with your left-handed outfielder, Baseball Mogul 2007 puts all the data at your fingertips. Every scouting report includes lefty/righty splits, plus a skill breakdown against each type of pitcher (or hitter).
- New "Live Coverage"! New play settings let you "cut to the action" in the middle of games. You choose the situations (such as a tight game against a division rival) and Baseball Mogul lets you switch over to Play-by-Play mode with one click.
- New "Tradezilla"! Redesigned artificial intelligence built with evolutionary algorithms. Smarter computer opponents and Trading Block features give you the same challenges as a major league General Manager.
- New Batter Rating System! Travis Hafner's ability to get around on the game's best fastballs. Manny Ramirez feasting on curveballs. Baseball Mogul 2007 features new scouting data for every batter to create maximum realism and strategy.
- New Minor League Simulation Engine! Every pitch from AAA to High School is realistically simulated for the entire league. New research for this year includes improved player development and aging algorithms. A "career graph" for every player tracking their major-league equivalent progress from draft-day until retirement.
- New 11-Point Personality Profiles for every player and every team. Each profile affects contract negotiations. And, as an optional setting, personalities can impact on-field performance and team chemistry.
- New 2006 Rosters! Off-season moves, free agent signings, and trades. Detailed career stats, ratings, contracts, and projections as of Opening Day. Plus personalized data for over 1,500 minor leaguers. Free updated rosters available during the season.
- New Roster Tools! Baseball Mogul 2007 includes new tools for creating, editing, and tweaking your own custom rosters. Cut-and-paste players from any season. Add players from your favorite college and high-school teams. Mogul makes it easy to customize your baseball universe to run a league or just to share with friends.
- Exclusive Licensee of the Sean Lahman Baseball Database! Includes more than 10,000 players from 1901 to 2006. You can play as any team in any year, with a revamped pitch-by-pitch simulation engine accurately modeling each historical era.
- Faster Simulation Speed! It wouldn't be Baseball Mogul if you had to take a bathroom break while the season progressed. Baseball Mogul 2007 can play a full season, including all computer trades and roster moves, in under 30 seconds.