By taking a very unique approach to its presentation of the Arthur universe and utilizing the unique features of the Nintendo DS hardware, this handheld version of Arthur and the Invisibles differs from the other console and PC versions of the game. Arthur and the Invisibles for DS portrays the magical world of the movie through a series of original and entertaining mini games and offers an engrossing ‘virtual pet simulator’ where players are responsible for caring for and breeding ‘Mul mul’, the small, fluffy, flying creatures found in the world of Arthur.
- Originally a four-volume literary adventure written by Luc Besson, with more than 950,000 books sold and translations into over twenty different languages;
- The film, in production in Europe for $85 million, is being distributed in the US by the Weinstein Company. A worldwide marketing budget of over $125 million is planned;
- The film uses three technologies (2D, 3D and real film footage) and a unique graphical style that is groundbreaking in the world of animation;
- Voices and original music for the film by internationally renowned artists including David Bowie, Madonna, and Snoop Dogg.
- Three gameplay modes:
- Challenge Mode – a series of micro game challenges to test players’ reflexes;
- Virtual Pet Simulator – look after and breed Mul mul, small, fluffy pet-like creatures;
- Multiplayer Mode – play games over WiFi.
- Large selection of unlockable characters, training modes and objects;
- 90 varied mini games such as Kill the Evil Mosquito, Protect the Vulnerable Village, and Find the Heroic Arthur.