Available on orders $100 to $1000. Learn more
If you pre-order an item and the price drops before the release date, you’ll pay the lowest price. This happens automatically when you pre-order and pay by credit card or pickup.
If paying by PayPal, Afterpay, POLi, Online EFTPOS or internet banking, and the price drops after you have paid, you can ask for the difference to be refunded. Find out more
If Mighty Ape's price changes before release, you'll pay the lowest price.
This product will be released on
It should arrive:
- 5 November using standard courier delivery
• Ace’s Songwriters series continues to be one of our most popular, with plenty of worthy candidates for inclusion waiting in the wings to join those we have already featured.
• This month we spotlight the work of a man whose songs and records have been enjoyed across seven decades. Paul Simon’s compelling songs have been subject to covers since the mid-60s, when he and his singing partner Art Garfunkel made their own big breakthrough as artists with “Sounds Of Silence”. When the duo each went solo in the early 70s, Paul’s albums continued to be plundered by his peers, and things have remained that way well into the 21st century.
• “American Tunes” features almost two dozen of Paul’s prime compositions, reinterpreted in all manner of styles from rock to reggae to acapella to adult contemporary. All have been chosen to represent the diversity in Paul’s writing, and also chosen because of the high quality of each individual reinterpretation.
• Some tracks may be less familiar than others, but all are guaranteed to appeal to fans of Simon songs everywhere. Some of the biggest names in popular music from the past 70 years are among those singing said songs – a true indication of the high regard in which his words and music are held in his peer group.
• Approved by the songwriter himself, Ace is delighted to say that “American Tunes” has been assembled with the co-operation of and with significant input from Paul Simon. As always, extensive annotation and copious photographs and ephemera make the booklet almost as appealing as the music.
- I AM A ROCK - The Hollies
- HOMEWARD BOUND - Cher
- THE FIFTY NINTH STREET BRIDGE SONG - Harpers Bizarre
- YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR INTEREST LIES - Dana Valery
- LEAVES THAT ARE GREEN - Dorris Henderson/John Renbourn
- BLESSED - The Tremeloes
- THE BOXER - Emmylou Harris
- KEEP THE CUSTOMER SATISFIED - Marsha Hunt
- A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER - The Bangles
- BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER (SINGLE VERSION) - Aretha Franklin
- THE SOUND OF SILENCE - Peaches and Herb
- THE ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK (WEATHER REPORT) - The Tennors
- 50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER - Rosemary Clooney
- MOTHER AND CHILD REUNION - The Intruders
- CECILIA - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- RICHARD CORY - The Heptones
- SOMETHING SO RIGHT - Annie Lennox (featuring Paul Simon)
- LOVES ME LIKE A ROCK - The Persuasions
- TAKE ME TO THE MARDI GRAS - Johnnie and Floyd Taylor
- THE BOY IN THE BUBBLE - Patti Smith
- LONG, LONG DAY - Rumer
- GRACELAND - Willie Nelson
- AMERICAN TUNE - Shawn Colvin
Nobody has previewed this product yet. You could be the first!Write a Preview