Agatha Christie's most popular character has her own techniques to deal with
mysteries through observation, polite questioning, a keen insight into the human
mind – and the reassuring click of knitting needles. Oozing period
atmosphere, star-studded casts and swimming with red herrings, Joan Hickson
stars as the definitive Miss Marple in this complete twelve disc collection
including every episode from the original popular BBC series, filmed entirely on
- The Body In The Library (Parts 1, 2 and 3): Who is the
mystery blonde lying strangled in the library of Gossington Hall? Fortunately
for the Bantrys, Miss Marple is their neighbour.
- The Moving Finger (Parts 1 and 2): A nasty case of
poison-pen letters brings Miss Marple to the East Anglian village of
- A Murder Is Announced (Parts 1, 2 and 3): The village of
Chipping Cleghorn is intrigued by the local newspaper prediction of a murder at
Little Paddocks. But when the lights go out at the appointed hour no-one thinks
it’s a joke any more.
- A Pocketful of Rye (Parts 1 and 2): The Home Counties,
late 1940s. A nursery rhyme comes true in a grotesque double murder… and only
Miss Marple can see the connection.
- The Murder at the Vicarage: St Mary Mead, the mid 1950s. No
one likes Colonel Protheroe… in fact most people hate him, including his own
family. But when he is found dead in the vicar’s study, Miss Marple wonders
why so many people want to confess.
- Sleeping Murder (Parts 1 and 2): Devonshire, the mid
1950s. A couple’s dream home becomes a nightmare when the young wife sees a
vision of a strangled woman in the hall. Was she murdered or is she yet to be
- At Bertram’s Hotel: London, the mid 1950s. Miss Marple
is staying at Bertram's Hotel in London. She loved the place as a girl and is
delighted to find it remarkably unchanged. In fact, everything is too perfect.
Beneath the well-polished Edwardian façade, Miss Jane Marple can sense
- Nemesis: Set in the mid 1950s, Nemesis was Agatha
Christie’s last and one of her most complicated Miss Marple
stories.A recently dead friend asks Miss Marple to investigate a crime.There
are no clues – just a coach tour of historic homes and gardens. Murder is on
- 4.50 From Paddington: Elspeth McGillicuddy is travelling
on the 4.50 train from Paddington, London to St Mary Mead to visit her old
friend, Miss Marple. On the way, the train draws to a halt and another train
draws alongside it. In the carriage opposite, the window blind suddenly snaps
up, revealing a tall, dark man strangling a woman to death. Almost immediately
the train chugs away, leaving a shocked Mrs McGillicuddy to realise that she has
witnessed a murder.
- A Caribbean Mystery: Miss Marple is finding her luxury
holiday in Barbados sadly dull. Then Major Palgrave is found dead and once more
Miss Marple is back in her element.
- They Do It With Mirrors: Miss Marple visits the rambling
country mansion of an old friend who may be in danger from an unknown killer.
She finds an extended family and a reformatory of young criminals – where
violence seems just below the surface.
- The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side: Someone will stop at
nothing to kill film star Marina Gregg. They’ve already murdered twice…
There is certainly no shortage of suspects as Miss Marple uses her intuitive
powers to unmask a killer.