Smart, safe and secure, Seagate SkyHawk HDDs are engineered for 24×7 video recording. They feature 3× the workload rating of desktop drives and can store up to 10,000 hours of digital video on capacities up to 10TB.
- ImagePerfect firmware supports 24×7 surveillance-optimized workloads tuned to record ~90% of the time and play back video footage the remaining 10%, supports more cameras recording at higher resolutions.
- Up to 10TB or over 2000 hours of HD video storage.
- ATA streaming support sustains recordings from up to 64 HD cameras for smooth, uninterrupted footage.
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty, improved total cost of ownership, reduces maintenance costs.
- Workload rating of 180TB/year, perform reliably in write-intensive surveillance systems.
- NVR-ready design allows drives to maintain performance in RAID and multi-drive systems.
- Lower power consumption reduces heat emissions, improves reliability in surveillance solutions.
- Tarnish-resistant components help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
Optimized for Surveillance
Surveillance recording demands sustained performance over time. A minute missed can mean money lost—or worse. SkyHawk drives are engineered for always-on recording in harsh environments, ensuring you’ll have the footage you need when you need it.
Surveillance-optimized firmware improves reliability by up to 30% over traditional desktop drives.
3× the workload rating of desktop drives—up to 180TB/year.
SkyHawk drives use less power and generate less heat for extra-long lifecycles.
SkyHawk drives are ideal for the booming NVR market and RAID environments. Rotational vibration (R/V) sensors along with low power consumption and heat output ensure consistent performance in multi-drive enclosures.
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Capacity: 4 TB
- Drive Bays Supported: 8+
- Cameras Supported: Up to 64
- Maximum Sustained Transfer Rate OD: 190 MB/s
- Cache: 64 MB
- Load/Unload Cycles: 300,000
- Non-Recoverable Read Errors: 1 per 1014
- Power-On Hours per Year: 8760
- Workload Rate Limit (WRL): 180
- MTBF: 1 million
- Startup Current, Typical (12 V): 1.8 A
- Power: Average Operating Power: 5.6 W, Idle Average: 3.2 W, Standby/Sleep Mode: 0.25 W typical
- Voltage Tolerance: 5 V: ±5%, 12 V: ±10%
- Temperature: Operating Ambient Temperature: 32°F / 0°C minimum, Non-Operating Ambient Temperature: –40°F / –40°C minimum, Operating Drive Case: 158°F / 70°C maximum
- Dimensions: 1.03 × 4.01 × 5.79" / 26.11 × 101.85 × 146.99 mm
- Weight: 1.4 lb / 0.6 kg