Fast. Dependable. Versatile.
Versatile and dependable, the fierce Seagate Barracuda drives build upon a reliable drive family spanning 20 years. Count on affordable Barracuda drives as 2.5– and 3.5-inch HDD solutions for nearly any application — working, playing, and storing your movies and music.
Upgrading with the reliable family of cost-effective Barracuda drives will improve the efficiency of data processing and retrieval. Improved efficiency provides instant access to data, which means faster game load times, quicker open rates for applications, and speedy file transfers.
- Cost-effective storage upgrade for laptop or desktop computers
- Store all your games, music, movies and more with up to 8 TB of storage
- SATA 6 Gb/s interface optimises burst performance.
- Instant Secure Erase allows safe and easy drive retirement
Optimised Read and Write Data Flow
All hard drives in the BarraCuda family come equipped with Multi-Tier Caching Technology (MTC). MTC takes your PC to new performance levels so you can load applications and files faster than ever before. BarraCuda delivers improved read and write performance by optimising data flow with intelligent layers of NAND Flash, DRAM, and media cache technologies.
The BarraCuda family of reliable hard drives is here to stay, for years to come.
For more than 20 years, Seagate has manufactured and delivered the reliable BarraCuda family of drives. Your positive hard drive experience matters to us, which is why we offer robust limited warranties on all BarraCuda drives.
- Standard Model Number: ST2000DM008
- Bytes per Sector: 4096
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- SATA Transfer Rates Supported (Gb/s): 6.0/3.0/1.5
- Max Sustained Data Rate, OD Read (MB/s): 220MB/s
- Cache, Multi-segmented (MB): 256
- Rotational Speed (RPM): 7200
- Recording Technology: SMR
- Reliability/Data Integrity:
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600000
- Non-recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max: 1 per 10E14
- Power-On Hours (per year): 2400
- Workload Rate Limit (TB/Year): 55
- Warranty, Limited (years): 2
- Power Management:
- Startup Power (A): 2
- Operating Mode, Typical (W): 5.1
- Idling Average (W): 3.9 W
- Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W): 0.3/0.3
- Voltage Tolerance, Inc. Noise (5 V): ±5%
- Voltage Tolerance, Inc. Noise (12 V): ±10%
- Operating (ambient, min): 0°C
- Operating (drive case, max): 60°C
- Non-operating (ambient): –40°C – 70°C
- Halogen-free: Yes
- RoHS compliance: Yes
- Height (mm/in, max): 20.2 mm/0.795 in
- Width (mm/in, max): 101.85 mm/4.01 in
- Depth (mm/in, max): 146.99 mm/5.787 in
- Weight (g/lb, typical): 490 g/1.08 lb