(Updated 11:39 am, Tuesday, 31 March)
Kia ora Mighty Ape customers,
As the COVID-19 situation develops in New Zealand we are monitoring the situation and taking steps to ensure that the health and safety of customers and staff at Mighty Ape is a priority while we supply essential goods.
What we are doing:
- Following New Zealand Ministry of Health guidance and providing updates to staff.
- Staff have zero contact with members of the public or customers while onsite.
- Office and administration staff working remotely
- Distribution staff are split into separate isolated shifts and numbers working have been reduced
- Physical distancing protocols, layout changes, signage, and floor markings have been implemented to ensure staff are not in close contact.
- Staff have been allocated specific break rooms, bathrooms, and other facilities to further reduce contact between team members.
- Staff have staggered break times
- Hygiene protocols are in place including access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitiser
- Thorough and frequent cleaning schedules are in place for all work and common areas and equipment in use
For pickups customers:
To protect the health of customers during COVID-19 we are currently not accepting new Pick Up orders.
Changes to CourierPost delivery process:
While the overall risk of transmission of any virus is low in their day to day business operations our delivery partner CourierPost has implemented temporary changes to its delivery process to limit close physical contact.
When delivering, CourierPost couriers will knock on the door as usual and step back two metres (or as far back as safe). They will wait for someone to come to the door and greet them as usual. If no one comes to the door, the courier will follow the standard process which is to leave the item in a safe place or leave a card to call and return to depot if no safe place or the item is a signature required delivery. See New Zealand Post’s announcement for full details.
Is it safe to receive packages?:
Yes. The World Health Organisation has advised that the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.
- For the most reliable and up-to-date information about COVID-19 from the New Zealand Government visit covid19.govt.nz
- Ministry of Health
- World Health Organization
- Unite Against COVID-19
Ngā mihi nui,