- X³: REUNION engine utilizes the very latest DirectX 9 graphical technology; pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections across a variety of surface types, while bump maps and specula maps add detail to the geometry of objects
- A freshly developed economy system allows for more imaginative ways to conquer your foes via commerce. Functions using established business models of 'Elasticity of demand', 'Economies of scale' and 'Return on investment'. Factories are constructed by non player characters, which can freely trade; wars in sectors affect the universal economy, while opportunities bring challenges to both novice and experienced players.
- Over 200 newly designed models have been created for X³. Star ship detail has been massively increased; over 10 times greater than the previous game at an average of 25,000 polygons per ship
- A new graphical user interface prevents less screen obstruction and faster access to all game options.
- Completely redesigned X universe, with new high detailed environments including asteroid fields, dense gaseous nebulae's, star ship graveyards and much more. Players can fly much closer to planetary bodies; where space stations can hang in low planetary orbits.
- A multitude of new technologies and weapons systems, make the player even more devastating in combat; multi threat targeting system allows for numerous targets to be pin pointed simultaneously.
- Controllable via joystick, keyboard and mouse cursor; all are fully re-mappable giving the player infinite choice over control layout, which can be stored as custom profiles
Pentium IV 1.3GHz
64MB 3D Graphics Card with DirectX 9.0c
2GB Free Hard Disk Space
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.