In the middle of 1944 the Imperial Air Ministry awarded a contract for the construction of a Flying-wing, long-range, high speed bomber capable of carrying a 4,000 kg bomb load. Attacks on the USA were to be undertaken using this bomber during World War 2. In its basic design the Ar/E 555 was a first generation Stealth Aircraft. Powered by six BMW 109–003A engines, the Ar/E 555 could have reached a top speed of 860 km/h. At the end of December 1944 all further work on the Ar/E 555 was stopped by order of the Imperial Air Ministry due to the lack of raw materials caused by the War.
This plastic aircraft kit requires paint and glue to complete. Revell colours required: 15, 40, 45, 49, 77, 84.
- Detailed surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel and seats
- Undercarriage optionally lowered or retracted
- Detailed Undercarriage with twin wheels
- Two Gun Positions with movable MG 151/20
- Detailed Bomb Bay
- 3 SC 1000 Bombs and 2 extra SC 2000 Bombs as Payload
- Decals for an envisaged Luftwaffe version
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.