Homeowners spend billions of hours--and dollars--watering, mowing, and maintaining their lawns. You don't have to be one of them. Free yourself with "Lawn Gone!," a colorful, accessible guide to the basics of replacing a traditional lawn with a wide variety of easy-care, no-mow, low-water, money-saving options. It includes:
- alternative grasses that seldom (or never) need mowing
- drought-tolerant, eco-friendly landscapes
- regional plant recommendations for all parts of the country
- artificial turf that looks like the real thing
- step-by-step lawn-removal methods
- strategies for dealing with neighbors and HOAs
- ways to minimize your lawn if you're not ready to go all the way
Whether you're a beginner or expert gardener, green thumb or black, "Lawn Gone!" provides realistic choices, achievable plans, and simple instructions for renovating your yard from start to finish.
PAM PENICK is a landscape designer, garden writer, photographer, and award-winning blogger who has replaced many lawns in her lifetime, including her own. She is a contributor to "Garden Design," "Fine Gardening," and Martha Stewart's blog "At Home in the Garden." Penick lives in Austin, Texas, and blogs at www.penick.net/digging.
Discuss this product
(If you require assistance from Mighty Ape, please contact us.)
You might also consider...
If you think we've made a mistake or omitted details, please send us your feedback.